Under the direction of the Director of the Hydro Division, is responsible for providing electrical technical expertise and field engineering support services for the operations and maintenance of power systems and all electrical assets for NTPC’s Hydro Zone power generation, substations, system operations (Jackfish Control Centre), and other systems. Scope includes all communities, building, plants and facilities in NTPC’s Hydro Zone including the North and South Slave and both hydro and thermal technologies. Also supports solar, wind and other renewable generation technologies as required. Acts as Hydro Operations’ conduit to facilitate best business practices in coordination and cooperation with Asset Management, Project Management, Engineering, T&D and IT (SCADA & Automation Operations).
Together with operating staff performs hydro system and thermal plant restoration as appropriate, makes emergency field repairs, troubleshoots, resolves complex electrical issues, investigates outages and produces reports, completes CMMS work orders and makes corrective recommendations through CMMS
Is responsible for O&M maintenance strategy, standards, processes, procedures, documentation and effective integration of electrical maintenance into CMMS and for its utilization and efficient use in the division.
As electrical field engineering lead supports Asset Management, Engineering and Project Management with identification, definition, design and implementation of capital projects. Occasionally prepares project briefs. Performs or supports asset condition and risk assessments and inspections and produces reports. Supports capital projects by providing electrical field engineering support services and technical expertise during capital project implementation. May be assigned as project monitor for capital projects.
- Must prioritize and respond to multiple demands, meet deadlines, and inform and seek advice as appropriate.
- Must have a strong commitment to personal safety and safe working practices.
- Involves walking, climbing and heavy lifting on a regular basis.
- Must be able to cope with extreme weather conditions.
- Working environment contains both plant and office conditions with regular exposure to outdoor working conditions that may be extreme or hazardous.
- Requires travelling to satellite and hydro plant locations, which may involve remote locations, travel in small aircraft and extended travel due to weather conditions.
- Safety precautions are required in accordance with safety regulations and standards, and Corporation Safety Rules.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all Corporation information that comes to incumbent's attention as a result of his/her employment with the Northwest Territories Power Corporation.
Under the direction of the Director of the Thermal Division, the Thermal Electrical Field Engineer is responsible for providing electrical technical expertise and field engineering support services for the operations and maintenance of power systems and all electrical assets for NTPC’s Thermal Zone power generation, LNG storage and handling, residual heating and other systems. This position also supports solar, wind and other renewable generation technologies as required. The scope of work includes all communities, buildings, plants and facilities in NTPC’s Thermal Zone. Acts as Thermal Operations’ conduit to facilitate best business practices in coordination and cooperation with Asset Management, Project Management, Engineering, T&D and IT (SCADA & Automation Operations).
The Financial Accountant maintains the integrity of the General Ledger and has a substantial role in managing the monthly financial statement process and completing the year-end financial statements, while operating at a senior system security level.
- Job requires considerable attention to detail to ensure accuracy with figures.
- Job involves the ability to respond to high volume and variety of tasks.
- Job requires the ability to prioritize the tasks and respond in a timely manner.
- Working conditions are normal open office environment.
- Work outside normal office hours is frequently required.
- Travel may be required, including travel to remote communities in small aircraft and the possibility of extended travel due to weather conditions.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all Corporation information that comes to the incumbent’s attention as a result of his/her employment with the Northwest Territories Power Corporation.
Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Budgeting & Regulatory Affairs Group and assists forecasting, planning and leading the annual budget process and utility rate regulation applications of the Corporation, ensuring compliance with Corporation policies, goals and objectives in these areas. The incumbent will provide oversight and monitoring of activities related to the compiling and preparation of capital and operational material for regulatory and financial reporting purposes.
Develops, and leads quality control reviews for the Corporation’s various forecasts and conducts variance analyses for both management and regulatory purposes. The Senior Financial Analyst also assists in determining the cost of service by rate class for the development of electrical and non-electrical rates and provides advice to internal and external customers regarding rates and the Corporation’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
Under the direction of the Director Hydro Division the Specialist Hydro Mechanical Engineer is responsible and accountable for providing design and field engineering support services including technical support for the Corporation's hydroelectric generating stations including supporting infrastructure. Duties related to Mechanical Engineering include research, engineering analysis, troubleshooting, contractor/consultant interaction, design, project management and mentorship to junior/intermediate Engineers. Technical assistance to Operations where a high level of technical knowledge and expertise are required. The Specialist Hydro Mechanical Engineer acts as the Hydro Operations conduit to facilitate best practises in coordination and cooperation with Asset Management, Project Management, and Engineering design.
Please apply for this posting directly through the Design Group Agency at https://en.dg.ca/job-seekers/view-job.aspx?jobId=97141&BU=DG